Buying a school bag: how to deal with this bag?
They come in a variety of colors and shapes, decorated with superheroes and leading brands and manage to confuse even the most experienced parents. How do you buy a school bag and not get confused? Bells clean up your mess.
The cost of a school bag may reach a quarter of the total back-to-school expenditure. According to a survey conducted among families accompanied by Paamonim, the average expenditure per child on the purchase of equipment, clothing and footwear for school is about NIS 1,200. The cost of a bag ranges from NIS 140-300 and a family with three school-age children may part with a four-figure sum each year.Download a calculator for planning the purchase of school supplies
So why spend such a large sum on a backpack? Have mercy on the child, look how much he carries
Under the guidance of the Ministry of Education, the weight of a fitted bag must reach one-third of the child’s weight. Maintaining a healthy back is an issue for which parents are willing to pay more. The word “orthopedic” has never been more effective on the part of advertisers. For tips on choosing a backpack of Standards Institution of Israel experts.
First backpack syndrome
For parents of first graders, the case becomes a significant milestone. Indeed, this is an emotionally significant event, reflecting the need to facilitate the child’s difficult transition from kindergarten to school, and to prepare him optimally for studies.
My child’s backpack is the most special
The backpack is considered one of the determinants of children’s personal style and taste, the way they are perceived by friends and by themselves. Isn’t it worth investing a little more so that the child will be that accepted in the classroom? When parents arrive at the store, accompanied by all this emotional baggage and encounter an endless selection of items that all promise the best for the child, the economic considerations in the purchase disappear a bit, and irrational considerations take the place. This is why it is worthwhile to prepare well for the purchase of the bag in order to provide the child with a high-quality, supportive bag that suits him personally – while refining rational considerations out of irrational ones.
Ten Commandments of Bells for Purchasing a School Bag
- Cheap is sometimes expensive: there are fashionable and cheap bags on the market, but a quality bag, even if a little more expensive, will serve you for many more years.
- Keep the warranty note attached to the bag handy should you need it.
- Check the feasibility of deals: “Buy a bag and get its contents” deals are not always worthwhile. The fine print is very important here.
- Split your purchase: The backpack, pencil case, and other equipment are a large separate expense. Compare prices and buy where you can.
- Decide when to buy a backpack: Set the frequency of purchasing a backpack that suits you and involve the children in the decision This way you can coordinate expectations with the children because there is no need to buy a backpack every year.
- Try to avoid buying a bag with a character or celeb. A character who looks particularly attractive this year will probably be irrelevant next year.
- Exchange a bag in good condition with a relative or friend. This creates a win:win situation for children is a “new” bag, for you it is a significant financial saving.
- Respect your grandfather and grandmother: Even if the bag is a “gift from grandparents” there is no need to riot. There are also value considerations, not just economic ones.
- Buying a new bag from last year’s inventory will reduce the cost without really making any concessions on the part of the child.
- Donate old bags to those in need. On the Internet you can find many associations and bodies that help deliver school bags to needy families.
And most importantly – have a successful and productive school year!