MISSION AND GOALS
The Paamonim organization strives to bring about a situation in which families conduct their economic activities with balance, responsibility and integrity. This goal will promote national economic and social strength.
Paamonim is a social non-profit organization operating throughout Israel. Paamonim seeks cooperation with other bodies in the third sector including voluntary institutions and other non-profit organizations, as well as with bodies in the public and business sectors, in order to pursue its goal of achieving economic balance for families.
• Personal and professional training and management of volunteers to guide and accompany families on their path towards the goal of economic independence
• Establishment of professional counseling and guidance services for families in the rehabilitation process
• Distribution of one-time, conditional grants or loans, subject to their being within the framework of the general rehabilitation process of the family
• Distribution of information and raising of awareness among the general public on the topic of economic management of the household
• Activities aimed at influencing decision makers on topics related to economic management of the household
PERSONAL TUTORING FOR FAMILIES
Paamonim's services are intended for anyone who requires them. Paamonim's approach is that the development of skills necessary for correct economic behavior is essential and will positively contribute to the whole family. However, the services of Paamonim are offered subject to the motivation and willingness of the family to receive assistance, its readiness to cooperate and be completely open, and the existence of an actual or potential regular income, together with proven efforts to produce a regular income.
The family is at the center of Paamonim's work. The family must apply to Paamonim as the first basic step and then a Paamonim tutor will begin to assist the family in its rehabilitation process. In order to make this service available to all, tutoring is provided free of charge.
Services to the families are provided by volunteers. The principle of volunteering promotes the development of individual responsibility to others in the community, helps to keep the family committed to its rehabilitation process, and offers better chances of success. In addition, volunteering enables Paamonim to increase the scope of its activities.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
Paamonim's activities are based on the values of taking personal responsibility, sharing responsibility with others and acting with integrity. Furthermore, the organization is committed to acting in accordance with the principles of proper management, transparency, professionalism, respect for privacy and its own economic stability.